2.8.05

I bought 2 beetles



A standard 1200 from 1973, they rearended it but thats almost fixed. There also a pretty large hole where to right rear fender and heaterbox meet. And on both lower sides of the front window is rust. It's fair to say it had a little bit more work then I first thought. The elektrical system is a mix of twelve and 6 volts, thats gonna be a funny one too. Maybe I'll just make myself a new wireloom. Its gonna be a shitbox racecar to start with and it's gonna get nicer with age, like a fine whine one could say. This one is striped to bare metal. All parts are there though so a nice little project. It's a 1300 from 1971. This one requires some welding to the floorhalves and to the heaterchannels.



Both projects have working engines and are complete in parts. One engine is appart though.

now I've gotta get my hands on a nice mig welder.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ze zien er goed uit, op naar de keuring !!

1:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

die zwarte zal geen probleem geven denk ik...

11:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home